Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pope Francis goes live on Google Hangout Sept. 2, 2014

 
 
...Parents and teachers used to stick together to teach kids important values, the pope said, recalling when he got into trouble in the fourth grade.

"I wasn't respectful toward the teacher, and the teacher called my mother. My mother came, I stayed in class and the teacher stepped out, then they called for me," he told a group of educators and experts involved with the worldwide Scholas network.

"My mom was really calm. I feared the worst," he said. After getting him to admit to his wrongdoing, his mother told him to apologize to the teacher.

The pope said he apologized and remembered "it was easy and I was happy. But there was an Act 2 when I got home," insinuating stiffer punishment had followed...
(Catholic News Agency)

No comments: