Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Feast Day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel



Mount Carmel, situated between Tyre and Caesarea, stretches about 15 miles across Palestine, and is about 20 miles from Nazareth (1). The holiness of this mountain has endured to the present day, and it is revered as a holy mountain by Christians, Jews, and Muslims (2). The word “Carmel” in Hebrew means, “Garden, a beautiful hill, a choice orchard, a high cultivated ground” (3). Carmel (Karmel, Greek) more precisely means “Garden of God” (from Karmel, is derived kerem – garden; and ‘el – the Divine name, meaning “the vineyard or garden of God”) (4). To describe the beauty and fruitfulness of Carmel, one author describes, “I have not found in Galilee, nor along the coast, nor in the plain, any flower that I did not find on Carmel” (5)...Click Here for the History of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Chaplet of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel

O most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, assist me in this necessity. O Immaculate Virgin and Star of the Sea, help me and show me that you are my mother and protector.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of heaven and earth. I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to help me in my needs for there are none who can withstand you grace. Pray for me and help me to obtain assistance in this life. Amen.

Say 3 Our Fathers, 3 Hail Marys and 3 Glory Be Prayers

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

O most beautiful Flower of Mt. Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendour of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity (mention your intentions). O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother. O holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart, to succour me in this necessity; there are none that can withstand your power. O show me herein you are my Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. (3 times)
Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands. (3 times)
Amen.

Gentle Mother, Our Lady of Mount Carmel, you opened your heart to God and brought for our Saviour, Christ the Lord. Holy Mary, help us to be people of faith, who see God's presence within and around us. Inspire us to see the Face of God in our family and friends--and in all people. Virgin Mother, as you embrace us with the mantle of your love, give us the grace to see God's action and will in times of light and darkness, and in the peaks and valleys of our climb to God's holy mountain. Be with us now, in our hour of need, Beautiful Flower of Carmel. Be our Mother! God will not say "no" to you, because you, Gracious Lady, said "YES" to Him.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel, pray for us.
 

No comments: